Hot water bath in cold climatic conditions creates a pleasant experience for anyone. Even in countries with warmer climates, hot water is preferred by many people in the winter season. The home appliance commonly used to provide a large quantity of hot water within 10-15 minutes is the geyser. If you are planning to buy one here are the top 10 tips on geyser buying guide for you.
Check Your Requirements
Any geyser buying guide starts with the recommendation of assessing your requirements. Buying the right sized geyser is important because of the following reasons.
- Geyser purchased should be capable of meeting the requirement of the entire family;
- Oversized geysers will cost more in terms of water and energy consumption; and
- You need to economize water consumption and energy consumption to avoid water scarcity and large electricity bills.
Choosing a geyser with 5-star energy ratings will considerably reduce your expenses on electricity bills as they consume less electricity and maintain water temperature longer.
Check the Life Span and Availability of Spare Parts
Before buying a geyser it would be necessary to check the life span and its model.
- Geysers with a greater life span will also have a longer warranty period;
- Models designed for longevity have the advantage that spare parts for repair and replacement are easily available at the time of necessity;
- Choose the one better on durability meeting your requirements. A tank-less geyser usually lasts around 20 years whereas the one with a tank can last for 10-12 years; and
- While choosing the geyser check the warranty coverage on heating elements and tanks.
Features Recommended by the Geyser Buying Guide
Geyser chosen by you should have the following features to make them the best for your needs and budget.
- The automatic thermal cutoff that ensures the stoppage of power supply to the machine once the required temperature is reached;
- The geysers with adjustable thermostat settings are more trustworthy and less vulnerable to damages;
- Protective coating on heating elements in the geyser;
- The safety valve for release of excess pressure; and
- Rust-proof body preventing damage due to water contact.
Address Common Geyser Problems
There are some common problems that every geyser user is likely to encounter sometimes or other. It is necessary for identifying these problems and take steps to address them as recommended in a guide book.
- Avoid buying a leaking geyser or replace within the warranty period the faulty pressure control valve;
- You should put your money on a geyser that does not overheat. Overheating can damage and explode causing harm to the user; and
- It is necessary to buy a geyser that guarantees repair and replacement by the provider within the warranty period for avoiding overheating or leaking geysers.
Buy a Geyser that Provides Hot Water
The very purpose of buying a geyser will be defeated if the geyser does not heat the water properly. When there is no hot water in the geyser then it could have been caused by a faulty circuit breaker on the main distribution system. That is why before buying one you must check its functionality. At times; instead of the power supply system, there could be a fault in heating elements or even the thermostat. These aspects should be thoroughly checked before buying a geyser.
- Quality Geyser Buying Guide Emphasize Proper Installation
While a geyser is an essential home appliance for the kitchen and bathroom much depends on its proper installation. That is why a quality geyser buying guide would always recommend that the buyer must ensure proper installation of the appliance after it is purchased. Fault-free installation is not only essential for the improved functionality of the appliance but also for the safety and security of the user. The best way is to follow the specific guidelines provided by the manufacturer in the user manual.
- Check the Vital Issues for Fault-free Installation of Geyser
There are some vital issues to address while installing the geyser. These are as follows.
- Space used to install the geyser should be adequate and should be always verified whether it matches the geyser size while installing;
- Having adequate space can help easy cleaning and maintenance operation relating to the geyser from time to time; and
- The geyser should be installed at the proper height. The recommended minimum height stands at 1.8 meters above the ground.
Ensure that the Geyser Purchased conforms to Official Guidelines
While buying a geyser it will be necessary to follow the guidelines on safety precautions issued by the authorities. If the manufacturer has designed the geyser following such safety guidelines as insulation; prevention of short circuits; and other such relevant aspects essential for the safety of the customer then buying such geyser would be good for you and your entire family preventing any unpleasant incident from taking place during use of the geyser.
Check for the Readiness of Geyser During Winter
The use of geysers is common even in countries having warm climates. In such places also they are used to meet kitchen and bathroom requirements in winter. On the other hand, the use of geysers is indispensable for countries having cooler climates where the temperature often goes down to or below the freezing point.
This means the geyser purchased is capable of giving hot water according to the need of the buyers meeting perfectly the climatic condition. It will be good to check the manufacturer’s information sheet to know about the features of the geyser and settle for the best by comparison.
Find a Reliable Provider of Geysers
A reliable and reputable provider can easily take care of all your requirements. Such a provider can deliver you the best geyser befitting your requirements and budget. That is why a quality geyser buying guide always recommends accessing a reliable dealer that can meet your requirements the best way.
The latest trend in the market is the use of appliances running using alternative energy like solar energy. Using a geyser buying guide can show you the way how to get a geyser that functions with alternative energy as well.
You can purchase Geysers online, there are numbers of offers and cashback on geysers available this winter
Also check the Best Plumbing Services Brisbane